Staffordshire application guidance
Before you start your application
Before you start your application, you may find it useful to see an overview of the questions and guidance.
Read an overview of the questions with guidance notes before you start.
- Guidance and ideas for sustainable businesses 2011 (PDF)
Read a collection of real EQM business actions, to give you business ideas. This document is updated every year.
Application and assessment process
The application and assessment process for Staffordshire award is explained below. [link]
- You complete the questionnaire and submit your application online.
- An EQM project officer will look at your application.
- If the application is satisfactory, the project officer will arrange to visit you on site.
Site visit and assessment
- The EQM project officer visits you on site to see evidence of the statements made.
- The EQM project officer scores your application against the five criteria.
- The EQM project officer completes a report and makes a recommendation.
- The report is presented to the EQM awards panel for a decision.
- The EQM project officer contacts you with the panel's decision and recommendations.
- If you are not given the award, you may receive feedback on how to improve.
- You are expected to update your information with new achievements and progress.
- The EQM project officer contacts you to review progress after 12 months.
- The EQM project officer carries out a monitoring visit every 2 years.
- The awards panel selects award holders for a range of annual awards.
Complaints or irregularities
Disputes or irregularities will be dealt with in compliance with the scheme owner's complaints procedure.
There is an annual fee for joining the EQM scheme. In Staffordshire, the fee is:
- £165 for businesses with fewer than 10 employees
- £365 for businesses with 10 employees or more
Not-for-profit businesses and organisations are charged at the lower rate of £165.