The EQM award is a mark of distinction that recognises that you:
- are proud of your place
- do your best to reduce your impact on the local environment
- safeguard the special qualities and heritage of your area, and aim to inspire your customers to do the same
- are working to reduce your carbon footprint, as well as other global environmental and social impacts
We run two regional schemes on behalf of the Peak District National Park Authority and Staffordshire County Council respectively.
You can now apply for the EQM award wherever you are in the UK.
Find out more about your region's award scheme or the nationwide scheme by clicking on the links below.
Commission an EQM scheme for your destination
The Environmental Quality Mark is a tried-and-tested award scheme that supports business growth and the local economy.
The scheme creates a network of champions for your destination. Champions will demonstrate that they are:
- proud of their place
- committed to reducing the environmental impact of their business or activity
- safeguarding and promoting the special qualities and heritage of the area
The EQM award scheme can be customised for your area or organisation, depending on your values and brand. For users, it is an easy-to-use online application process.
We can base the award on:
- Your brand
- Your valued characteristics
- Your distinctive differences
The Environmental Quality Mark is managed and delivered by The Environmental Quality Mark Community Interest Company (EQM CIC). It is currently being awarded by the following authorities:
Contact us to discuss an EQM award scheme for your destination.